Sunday, August 8, 2010

Relational Aesthetics

I found interesting on Jean-Luc Godard explanation on Relational art that "It takes two to make an image’. I haven’t really thought or knew about Relational art before but when I read Nicolas Bourriaud’s ‘Relational Aesthetics’, I certainly have become aware of the idea of Relational art.
I am major in Jewellery and Object, and I think jewellery can be link with Relational art, certainly because ‘jewellery’ is an object that can be worn on human body; relation between the artists and wearer. We make jewellery and people wear it. Some people may ask the jeweller to recreate its jewellery into new form. This could be part of Relational art, its because
of the way of communicating with the wearer, shearing their and artist ideas.

Ramo Nash Club: “Art is an extremely co-operative system. The dense network of interconnections between members means that everything that happens in it will possible be a function of all members”. I found this statement really interesting and it gives me an idea of the issues that is discussed in Bourriaud's article. I think relational art gives much bigger space to the audience to encounter with the field of art world by new and innovative way of social networking on art works.

No comments:

Post a Comment