This class has been one of very mixed emotions not helping that is it being end of term and a major project due. But this semester has been one of the biggest challenges in my Uni life. The ability for so many really big words to be used to continuously explain subjects which potentially could be understood much more quickly and easily without the large words and complicated quotes intrigued me. Though there were some things which I found really fascinating. The topic of ‘The Spectacle’ is something which I have never had a word for and, it may not necessarily be the best thing, but I live my life being a devotee of ‘The Spectacle’ and one day I will be the one running that car shop not putting the bumper bar on the front and I’ll be driving the sports car too.
Though the blog has often not been my friend due to readings with unnecessary words; on the other hand, the concept of ‘Relational Aesthetics’ and the associated Art which relates to social relations and interactions, is something you know about yet is not something often discussed and researched. It is a type of work which I believe is, in many ways, more relevant and appropriate for today and the different changes in technology. In many ways, the disconnection of people from others through the use of technology which causes a breakdown in social and physical face to face relations and interactions is overturned by this type of practice which brings people together and is something which is definitely needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment