I’ve really enjoyed this class, initially I was very apprehensive, as I went on exchange last semester and was unfortunately completely forgotten and didn’t get to choose my theory class. But after completing a semester of social relations and critical spaces, I’m really glad I did. I think that since having more of a learning process when it comes to collaborative practices I enjoy the concept a lot more, I really appreciate this because I think that so many of us (myself included) just rely upon our knee jerk reactions, which is no good. I think we have this general negative exterior, we are apprehensive of the unfamiliar, which is human nature, the fear of the unknown, but it’s the personal choice to evolve past this and gain some form of understanding of whatever subject you may not agree with or completely understand. Choosing to not always take the easiest most convenient option, to extend your own personal abilities to understand is much more beneficial than being a judgemental creep. I think this is extremely pertinent when it comes to art, as the daughter of two very conservative parents I have found it extremely important to at least attempt to look beyond an initial reaction of “What? Eating noodles inside a gallery? That’s not art.” In order to broaden my own personal understanding of the world, especially the world I want to be a part of, the art world. I think that this particular course has shed a lot of light on the differentiation or the lack of a need for the differentiation of what art is. Who the fuck cares? Must we define everything? Human beings are constantly attempting to define and identify everything, we must conquer and pillage all, otherwise what? Nothing, it’s fine just to accept things as they are as opposed to having to know everything.
BOOM!!!! We’ve finished uni!
No comments:
Post a Comment