Monday, September 20, 2010

Laibach

WK7 Abuse And Confession

Lord
Lord
Christ!

You've been
Sacrificed
Crucified
Sanctified
Glorified
Braised

Lord
Lord
God!

You've been
Sacrificed
Bilified
Demonised
Mortified
Shamed

You gave me flesh and blood
And the will and the way
To serve Thee, my Lord
Until Judgement day
It was written in stone
You had a mission to save
Why give me desire
Just to prove I'm depraved?

But were You not tempted, my Lord
When You became flesh?
Did Your desire not rise
At the sound of a woman's breath?

Lord
Lord
Christ!

You've been
Satirised
Sermonised
Scandalised
Terrorised
Cursed

Here I am
Damned
Cursed
Destroyed
It was written in the book
That You must die on the cross
And it was written
That I must betray You
Otherwise man would be lost
Would be lost

What about me?
Don't turn Your back on me

As it was written, so I must do
And this kiss on Your cheek
Proves my love for You

No greater love
Hath no man that I
Who would sacrifice eternity
For one kiss
For humanity
For humanity

Lord
Lord
Christ!

I've been
Satirised
Terrorised
Demonised
Scandalised
Damned

Why me, Lord
Was it because
I was Judas baptised?

Your mission has failed
Your mission has failed
Your mission has failed

You failed the word



The fact that this organised collaberation of people have such strong views that are NOT REAL, NOT SERIOUS, EXTREME and all in all supported, really makes you think. But if you werent to study what they were actually doing it would be hard to understand. Being brought up in a catholic schooling life you know about symbolism, belief, you know about community. But you arent politically voicing your opinion.

It alllows you to question what you have been aware of for many years.
When I watched the film its hard to realise there not being serioius. but they do look strange and kult like. It doesnt look like something i would want to be apart of. Though I would liek to no what they are doing now. They do remind me of nazism and for that fact i kind of turn my face a little. I dont know much about the history, but i think it is interesting to look at in this modern day.

I think more research is necessary for a better argument and awareness of what they are all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment