caleb.k said...
there are a few contridictions in here. art is for everyone as long as they understand or appreciate it...
August 10, 2010 8:21 AM
I don't disagree with the statement - obviously it is possible the educated viewer will be able to read art at a deeper level, but I don't believe that you require a BVA in order to have an appreciation or understanding on a particular artwork. It is possible for a person - any person - to be moved by a work of art regardless of their education. I have always believed that though artists make art for so many different reasons, once the art is in the world, it is for the world, the whole world to see, interpret, react to...that is why I have always loved it.
I feel, and this is probably an example of my intellectual lacking, that if art was only for the art world it would be far less meaningful.
No comments:
Post a Comment